- Over one-hundred different colors and thickness
- Comes in variety of tints, laminates, reflectives, Low E’s (pyrolitic and sputter coated), and pattern glass
- Anodized aluminum, bronze, and black colored spacers
- Ranging in thickness from 1/4 ” to 1″
- Spacers are roll formed and laser welded at the factory
- We bend (not cut) our spacers
- We fill them with moisture absorbing desiccant to eliminate both moisture and hydrocarbon vapors
- Then we surround them with a PIB (polyisobutylene) seal to give our units superior protection from the elements
- Muntin or grid bars can be added
- Stocked in a variety of colors, sizes, and thicknesses for a more custom look
- Primary seal of PIB ( polyisobutylene) offers high resistance to degradation from ultra-violet light and a low transmission rate of both chemical and moisture vapors
- PIB offers almost 100 times more resistance to water vapor than polysulfide
- Secondary seal gives the unit its structural strength consisting of the highest quality two-part silicone available
- It offers excellent resistance to many types of solvents, as well as giving the unit the structural strength it needs to be properly glazed
- By displacing the air inside the unit and replacing it with argon, both the u-value and the sound resistance of the unit are improved
Solar Seal can provide insulated glass units for just about any project. We use a variety of materials and configurations to suit different purposes including:
- A variety of glass thicknesses ranging from Single Strength (3/32″) to 3/4″.
- A variety of glass types including tints, reflectives, pyrolitic (hard coat) low E, sputter soft coat) high performance low E, laminated, wire glass, pattern and sandblasted glass.
- Authorized distributor for Pilkington, PPG, Visteon, Guardian, AFG, GGI, Glaverbel, St.Gobain, and Asahi.
- A variety of spacer colors including anodized, bronze and black
- A variety of spacer thickness ranging from 1/4 “-1” or more.
- CBA unit ratings which meet ASTM E773 and E774.
- IGCC certified.
- Dual Seal units with a polyisobutylene (PIB/Butyl) primary seal and a silicone secondary seal which is ideal for structural glazing.
- 10 year written limited warranty
- Step Glazed Units